Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor


****"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill at the Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.****


This weeks pick is:
Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Expected realease date: November 6th 2012
from Little, Brown & Company

 In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was declared a "must read" by Entertainment Weekly, was named a Best Book of the Year by Amazon.com, and The New York Times called it "a breath-catching romantic fantasy."


 After hearing over and over again how amazing Daughter of Smoke and Bone was I finally read it earlier this year. I wasn't expecting to but I absolutely loved it. I have no idea what is going to happen next in Karou's story but I know that it's going to be told in Laini Taylor's gorgeous writing and I can't wait. I miss me some Akiva.

-Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment