Friday, July 13, 2012

Series Love #4: The Wolves of Mercy Falls



Series Love is a meme we came up with. There are so many amazing book series out there. We love to share the love and help spread the word. If you want to play along all you have to do is pick a series. It doesn’t matter if it only has one book or a million. Include authors name and the covers of the books.



My pick this week is The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

Why I picked this series:
Shiver, Linger and Forever are a few of my favorite books ever. I know not everyone likes this series but I love everything about it. The romance, the writing, the characters, the plot and even the ending. Even though I turned the last page of Forever almost a year ago exactly I still think about these books all the time and I'm planning on rereading them soon. Sam and Grace are one of the cutest literary couples out there in my opinion. I think it's because they stay super cute despite all the things that happen to them and they seem like a real teenage couple even though they have to worry that one of them might turn into a wolf. I got to meet Maggie Stiefvater earlier this year at TLA and I was on top of the world. You know when you meet an author you love and every smart thing you could say or question you could ask flies out of your head and you just stand there grinning like an idiot? That was me. But I did get to ask her some questions and talk to her about paper cranes so I didn't look like a complete wacko the whole time. Here's some proof of my love:

It's not the best picture but those are some of the paper cranes hanging around
my room just like in the books :). I'm sure you can see the series on my bookshelf.
I have multiple copies. It's a long story. Anyways if you haven't read these books you have too. Please.
-Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment