Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young Review

A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Balzer and Bray
Source: Conference
Second and Final book in A Need So Beautiful series
Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is.
After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose effect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.
Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?


Review
I don't know how it could get any better. It's shocking how amazing this series is. The plot and the characters are so well done. This was very different from the first. Its impossible for me to chose which one I like best. I could reread them both a million times and never grow tired of them.

I was a little worried when I saw that it was a whole new girl. I didn't think I would like her. Of course I ended up loving her. Elise was a great main character. I might even like her better than Charlotte. The author did an amazing job making Charlotte and Elise into one. They were a perfect mix. They were both different yet somewhat the same. Harlin is one of those characters you wish were real. He just keeps getting better and better. I feel so bad for him. I don't know how he does it. I know there isn't going to be a sequel. I'm going to miss these characters so much. I will be rereading this series very very soon.

I feel like this has a different storyline than the first. New girl new story. That was one thing I liked a lot. I also liked how Elise was a different type of forgotten. The plot wasn't really that fast paced till the end. But this was impossible to put down. Just like the first one, I read this in one sitting. Then I was sad when it was over. There's just something about this series that makes it absolutely amazing. The writing is just that good. I know this is an incredibly fan girly review but those are always the most fun. Overall I loved this so much in case that wasn't obvious. I'm incredibly depressed that this series is over but its had a good run. I plan on forcing everyone I know to read this. So I highly recommend you check it out :). 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment