Friday, July 13, 2012

Author Love #4: Lauren DeStefano



Author Love is a meme we came up with. There are so many authors and books out there that we love so much and want the world to know about them. If you want to play along all you have to do is pick one of your favorite authors. Write what you like about them and/or their books. You can also include an author bio and synopsis of their book if you want.

My pick this week is Lauren DeStefano.

Bio from website:
Lauren DeStefano was born in New Haven, Connecticut and has never traveled far from the east coast. She received a BA in English from Albertus Magnus College, and has been writing since childhood. She made her authorial debut by writing on the back of children's menus at restaurants and filling up the notepads in her mom's purse. Her very first manuscript was written on a yellow legal pad with red pen, and it was about a haunted shed that ate small children.
Now that she is all grown up (for the most part), she writes fiction for young adults. Her failed career aspirations include: world's worst receptionist, coffee house barista, sympathetic tax collector, and English tutor. When she isn't writing, she's screaming obscenities at her Nintendo DS, freaking her cats out with the laser pen, or rescuing thrift store finds and reconstructing them into killer new outfits.


Why I picked her:
Lauren DeStefano writes amazing books. Her Chemical Garden Trilogy is so original and writing style is fabulous. Plus the covers are gorgeous. I cannot wait for Sever. I could go on and on but I’ll save that for a future Series Love. Honestly the real reason I picked her (other than her books) is because she’s the kind of person who will talk with you about things like Paranormal Activity 3 and Jell-o on Twitter for around an hour in the middle of the night. At least in my experience. That pretty much makes her and awesome author/person to me. I hope one day I can meet her and get my books signed.

-Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment