Thursday, July 5, 2012

Croak by Gina Damico Review

Croak (Croak, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher:Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Source: Another Blogger
First book in Croak series
Fed up with her wild behavior, sixteen-year-old Lex's parents ship her off to upstate New York to live with her Uncle Mort for the summer, hoping that a few months of dirty farm work will whip her back into shape. But Uncle Mort's true occupation is much dirtier than shoveling manure. He's a Grim Reaper. And he's going to teach Lex the family business. She quickly assimilates into the peculiar world of Croak, a town populated by reapers who deliver souls from this life to the next. But Lex can't stop her desire for justice--or is it vengeance?--whenever she encounters a murder victim, craving to stop the attackers before they can strike again. Will she ditch Croak and go rogue with her reaper skills?


Review
Why have I waited so long to read this? It was so amazing. This is a book after my own heart. I'm gonna become insanely obsessed and force everyone I know to read it. You have been warned guys. Be prepared. Also be prepared for more fan girling later in the review.

this book has such amazing characters. I love every single one of them. I also love all the entertaining people from the past in the void. The characters were probably one of my favorite parts. Lex has an amazing personality. She's hilarious and fierce. I love her snarkiness. I loved how well she fit in among the Juniors. I also love how she wanted justice for the people who died badly. I seriously adored Driggs. i like how he was her partner. I loved his personality. It took forever for Lex and Driggs to become cute. I have my fingers crossed that their super adorable in the sequel. I really loved the secondary characters. All the Juniors were great. I can not wait to read more about these characters.

This book has the most amazing storyline. It has such a unique concept. I loved how it was unlike anything else I've read. The world is so fascinating. I would seriously love to jump into this book and live in it forever. I couldn't put it down. It was too exciting. I had to know what was gonna happen. Because I couldn't put it down I ended up staying up till 2am finishing it. I had a huge screaming fit about the twist at the end. I was screaming I knew it so loud my brother across the house had to come tell me to be quiet because my parents were asleep. The next morning my mom asked me what i was screaming about last night and I had to explain to her how its perfectly normal to scream at the top of your lungs about a book. Believe me it happens all the time :).

Overall this book was amazing. I loved it with all my heart (in case you can't tell). I'm dying for more. I can not wait for the upcoming sequel. Thanks so much to Millie at Millie D's Words for sending this to me. I highly recommend thus one. Its so good. Don't make me hunt y'all down! 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment