Friday, July 6, 2012

Author Love #3: Jackson Pearce

 

Author Love is a meme we came up with. There are so many authors and books out there that we love so much and want the world to know about them. If you want to play along all you have to do is pick one of your favorite authors. Write what you like about them and/or their books. You can also include an author bio and synopsis of their book if you want.
My pick for this week is Jackson Pearce.

i-KT8wL34
 Author Bio from authors website-
Jackson Pearce is twenty-six years old and currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with a slightly cross-eyed cat and a lot of secondhand furniture. She graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in English and a minor in Philosophy. She auditioned for the circus once, but didn’t make it; other jobs she’s had include obituaries writer, biker bar waitress, and receptionist.
Jackson began writing when she got angry that the school librarian couldn’t tell her of a book that contained a smart girl, horses, baby animals, and magic. Her solution was to write the book herself when she was twelve. Her parents thought it was cute at first, but have grown steadily more concerned for her ever since.
Jackson is the author of SISTERS RED, AS YOU WISH, SWEETLY, and two forthcoming books, PURITY (April 2012) and FATHOMLESS (Fall 2012).


I picked her because I have a newfound obsession with her books. I hadn't read any of her books before and now I can't put them down. I love fairytales and her retellings are amazing.I cant wait for the new editions to come out. I'm gonna end up owning multiple copies of her books but thats okay. If you haven't read her books you need too. I highly recommend them.


Me and Marissa with Jackson Pearce.


Jasmine :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that I haven't read her books before!! I'm SO excited to meet her on the 19th [there's this fabulous author panel going on, you should come, Jasmine!!]. I'll be buying up her books for her to sign for me. On Twitter, she's pretty hilarious, so I really can't wait to meet her!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could but I'm going to be with Marissa at camp :(
      When you read them let me know what you think :)

      Delete