Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Fallout Lola St. Vil Review















Reading Level: Young Adult


Self Published
Source: Author
Second book in Guardians series
*This was gifted to me from author for review*
Just because she has wings,
doesn’t mean she’s an Angel…
It's front page news on every Angel gossip rag:
“Marcus & Ameana: Gone The Way Of “Brad & Jennifer.”
So, Who Is The “Angelina?” Emmy Baxter—a mere mortal!”
Ameana tries to avoid her ex and his new love by focusing
on the other evil out to destroy the team. But soon her pain
turns to fury.
And before the end…a girl plots revenge, a leader is on the edge
and an Angel falls.


Review
I really liked the first book in this series. I was excited to see where the story was going to go. I think this had a very exciting storyline. The storyline and characters were what I liked best about the first book. I feel like this was a little darker the first. I ended up not liking the characters as much because they were so dark. With that being said, I didn't enjoy this as much as the first. It was still a great read and a awesome sequel.

This was from both Emmy and Ameana's point of view. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoying reading from Ameana's perspective. I ended up enjoying it. She had a very different story than Emmy. She also had a different outlook on things. I think she was really trying to find herself. She made some pretty stupid moves. But she did grow a little and I have a feeling she is going to keep growing. As for Emmy, I still really liked her. She had some moments where she annoyed me. I feel like she could be stronger. She needs to stop second guessing herself and stick to what she believes in. The hostility between Emmy and the other Guardians really annoyed me. It just felt like it wasn't needed.

I liked how adventurous the plot was. It was pretty fast paced. There was always something happening to different characters. This left me wondering where the story was going to go which made me not want to put it down. I wonder what's going to happen to who next. Overall I think this was a great sequel. I'm glad I got the chance to read it. I'm excited to see where the series is going to go. I highly recommend if you enjoy angels and lots of action. 4/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment