Friday, August 3, 2012

Moonlight Mayhem by Sherry Soule Review

Moonlight Mayhem  (Spellbound, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Moonlight Publishing
Source: Author
Second book in Spellbound series
*This was gifted to me from author for review*
Otherworldly Creatures. Dazzling Magic. Fiery Romance.
Shiloh Ravenwolf thought she was getting used to the strange events in Whispering Pines, until the full moon brings another surge of supernatural threats to her coastal town. Ferocious wolves, deadly necromancers, and shambling zombies have descended upon the neighborhood, so Shiloh needs to gain control of her magical abilities—fast!
It sucks that she has a crippling fear of the dark, which for a demon hunter can be an epic problem. But she spends so much time wallowing in the darkness, how can she not become a part of it?
When her classmates are attacked by a mysterious creature and her father is murdered, Shiloh vows vengeance. Forcing her phobias aside, she forms an unlikely coven of supernaturally gifted teens to help her eradicate this menace. Except that’s not all Shiloh has to worry about. She’s battling a different monster within herself and struggling not to become the very thing she fights: evil.
But with demon blood inside her—anything can happen…


Review
I didn't like this as much as I liked the first. It had a very unique storyline. The storyline was probably my favorite part. I think I loved the first book way too much so I had too high expectations. It wasn't bad at all, in fact I enjoyed it a lot. I just didn't like it as much as the first.

I really love Shiloh. She has that snarky personality I love so much. But she had some moments during this where she annoyed me a little. Mostly while she was dealing with Trent. She was kinda mean to him in the beginning. One of the reason I loved the first so much was because Shiloh and Trent were so cute. I felt like there wasn't as much of that in this. I would have liked more cuteness but that's always the case with me. As for Trent I still adore him. I'm glad hes more than just human. I always felt like there was more to him. I loved that all the secondary characters played a bigger part.

This had a very suspenseful plot. There was  a lot of action. I liked how it was a very different storyline than the first book. When I think of book one and book two I see a lot of differences and I really like that. You don't see that in most YA books. Overall I enjoyed this a lot. I can't wait to see more from this author and I highly recommend this series. 4/5 stars

Jasmine <3

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the awesome review. Yeah, this storyline was a bit darker and more Urban Fantasy than the first book. Less playfulness and more angst.

    I hope your followers appreciated the post and are interested in reading my new YA series. :-D

    Happy reading,
    ~Sherry

    Check out My Books

    ReplyDelete