Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick Review

My Life Next Door
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Dial Books For Young Readers
Source: Bought
Standalone
A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another
“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.


Review
I knew from the minute I started this I was going to love it. I had wanted to read it for so long before I actually did. This is one of those books that make me love contemporary. This was just so so so good. When I finished it, I thought to myself it should have been 400 pages longer. I was so sad it was over. I still am but I can reread it.

I love Samantha. She's a very unique character. I love her strong personality. She was very sweet and caring. I like how she was always willing to help the Garrets. Even with we lifestyle she still enjoyed the simple things. She changed a lot when she started hanging with the Garrets. I absolutely adore Jase. He was so cute. I loved how important his family was to him. He didn't always want to take care of them but he still did. He has such a good, sweet personality. He's one of those characters you wish were real because their so amazing. I loved how each member of the Garrets has a different, unique personality. George was my favorite. I wish my family was like that( even though we are just as crazy). I think these characters were incredibly well done.

This has a great storyline. It was a adorable love story. It was also very relate able. Sam and Jase lived the real life of an average teenager. I think it really showed what teens should be focusing on. Plus it has so many cute moments. Those were the best part. This has it's fair share of serious moments too. Overall this was an amazing read. I loved it so much. It made me want to read more contemporary. I can't wait to see what this author comes up with next. I highly recommend you checking this out. 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

4 comments:

  1. All of those things you said were some of the reasons I LOVED this book! One of my best reads in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope to read this soon

    gr8 review

    ReplyDelete