Monday, August 27, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Onyx (Lux, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Entangeled Teen
Source: Bought
Second book in Lux series
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



Review
The wait for this has been killer. I was so excited when it was finally out in the world. Obsidian was a great read. Onyx was even better. I loved it with all my heart. I like how it was pretty different from the first. I'm so glad I only have to wait a couple moths for the next book. Any longer would be torture.

I loved Katy even more in this. I like how she always stands up for herself. She always puts Daemon in his place. I think it's so awesome that she's a book blogger. I can honestly say I'm glad she's more than just human. She's a lot stronger now. She's becoming pretty fierce. Oh, Daemon. I love him with all my heart. I love his snarky personality. He was much sweeter in this. Less of a jerk. He was also pretty romantic. There was some pretty adorable moments. Now Blake annoyed me so much. I really didn't like him. I have a feeling were gonna see more of him in the future.

This has so much action. I loved it. There was also some mystery which I enjoyed. I loved Katy's training because we got to see more of the Luxen powers. Along with the action there was so many adorable moments. That was my favorite part. The ending left me dying for more. I cannot wait for the third book. Overall this was an amazing sequel. I loved it so much. Everything was so well done. I can't wait to see where the rest of the series is going to go. I highly recommends this series. 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment