Thursday, September 6, 2012

Whispers in Autumn by Trisha Leigh Review

Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: CreateSpace
Source: Author
First book in The Last Year series
*This was gifted to me by author for review*
In 2015, a race of alien Others conquered Earth. They enslaved humanity not by force, but through an aggressive mind control that turned people into contented, unquestioning robots.
Except sixteen-year-old Althea isn’t content at all, and she doesn’t need the mysterious note inside her locket to tell her she’s Something Else. It also warns her to trust no one, so she hides the pieces that make her different, even though it means being alone.
The autumn she meets Lucas, everything changes.
Althea and Lucas are immune to the alien mind control, and together they search for the reason why. What they uncover is a stunning truth the Others never anticipated, one with the potential to free the brainwashed human race.
It’s not who they are that makes them special, but what.
And what they are is a threat. One the Others are determined to eliminate for good.



Review
This was such an exciting read. It was very intense. There was so much action. There was also tons of suspense. The characters were great. The magical aspect was awesome. There was so many unique aspects to this. Combined they made for a great read.

I really liked Althea. I like how she makes the best of everything. I like how she went from being weak to being incredibly strong. Her powers were so awesome. I like how even people who tried to hurt her she was hesitant about hurting anyone. Lucas is such a sweetheart. I loved him. I like how caring he was. He was so strong. Combined they were a pretty fierce pair. I can't wait to see what they do next.

This had a pretty suspenseful plot. It was very hard to put down because I was dying to know what was going to happen. there was also a lot of action. I loved all the magic. I also loved the mystery. Overall I really enjoyed this. I think it was such a unique story. I think everything was pretty well done. There was a lot of attention to detail. I can't wait to see where the rest of the series is going to go. This had a little bit of a cliffhanger so I hope the sequel comes soon. 4/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment