Monday, September 24, 2012

Scorch by Gina Damico Review

Scorch (Croak, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Graphia
Source: Bought
Second book in Croak series
Sixteen-year-old Lex Bartleby is a teenage grim reaper with the bizarre ability to damn souls. That makes her pretty scary, even to fellow Grims. But after inadvertently transferring her ability to Zara, a murderous outlaw, Lex is a pariah in Croak, the little town she calls home.
To escape the townspeople’s wrath, she and her friends embark on a wild road trip to DeMyse. Though this sparkling desert oasis is full of luxuries and amusements, it feels like a prison to Lex. Her best chance at escape would be to stop Zara once and for all—but how can she do that from DeMyse, where the Grims seem mysteriously oblivious to Zara’s killing spree?



Review
This was seriously mind blowing. It was absolutely amazing. It was such a good sequel. The storyline was suspenseful and exciting. The characters were amazing as always. It had some of the same aspects of the first but it was still vastly different. I read this in pretty much a day. I couldn't put it down. I doubt this review will do this book any justice at all but I'm going to give it my best shot.

I adore Lex. Shes such an amazing character. She has an amazing snarky personality. Shes incredibly strong. She was going through a lot but she always tried not to let things get to her. Shes always trying to help figure things out. Most of the times she is the one that finds the solution. Oh, Driggs. Let me just start off by saying hes an absolutely adorable character. I love him so much. He has a great personality. He was always the target. I was scared for him. I will throw a hissy fit if something bad ends up happening to him. He's to important to my heart. The secondary characters played a very big part in this also. I loved how they really stuck together. Their like one big family.

This had such an amazing storyline. The suspense was killer. The action was great. There was still a few cute moments which made me very happy. This was impossible to put down because I had to know what was going to happen. It never failed to surprise me. This was a very action packed sequel. Overall I absolutely adored this. I loved it even more than the first. It was perfect. I can't wait to see what happens next. I also can't wait to meet this author next week. If you haven't read this series I highly recommend. 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment