Friday, September 28, 2012

Author Love #14: Michelle Hodkin

Author Love is a meme we came up with. There are so many authors and books out there that we love so much and want the world to know about them. If you want to play along all you have to do is pick one of your favorite authors. Write what you like about them and/or their books. You can also include an author bio and synopsis of their book if you want.

My pick this week is: Michelle Hodkin

My PhotoAuthor Bio from website:
At the age of sixteen, I lost the rights to my soul in a poker game with pirates just south of Natchez. Shortly thereafter, I joined an acting troupe and traveled the world performing feats of wonder and mischief before writing my first novel, THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER (Simon & Schuster BFYR), which is available now. Its sequel, THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER, hits shelves October 23, 2012, and the third book in the trilogy, THE RETRIBUTION OF MARA DYER, will be out Fall 2013. PS: I may or may not be a reliable narrator of my own life.

I chose Michelle Hodkin for two reasons. One, her book was amazing. Two, shes a very interactive author. Shes always teasing us and writing extras for us. That makes me like her even more because she seems to really care about her readers( I really hope she gets the chance to see this). As for books The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is one of my favorites. It was unlike anything else I've read. I have been waiting forever for The Evolution of Mara Dyer to come out. Sadly I'm still waiting but the wait is almost over. Its due to come out next month. I'm super excited. If you haven't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer I highly recommend :).

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment