Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (45)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!



This weeks topic is Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist. I haven't thought much about this, but once I did I quickly came up with some. Authors pay attention! Just kidding :)


  1. Less death scares-This happens a lot in last books in a series. You'll think a character (usually the love interest) is dead only for them to come back a little bit later. Why play with my emotions like that? I never really think that they're dead, but I still cry and I'm tired of it.
  2. Less bad boys/more good boys-Don't get me wrong, I love me a bad boy with a secret heart of gold, but it's been done so many times. Sometimes I like to see a nice, sweet boy who treats people right. Or maybe some more bad girls? Shake things up a bit?
  3. More historical fiction-Maybe I just haven't read much of it, but whenever I do I absolutely love it. I love reading about the past. Maybe some we haven't seen before.
  4. More realistic contemporary-After reading (and loving) Eleanor and Park and Katie McGarry's books I've really wanted to read more books about teenagers in awful situations. It sounds bad, but it messes with my feels. They usually get out of them.
  5. More forbidden romances-There isn't really a shortage of them, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for characters who want to be together, but can't.
  6. Less memory loss-It hasn't been as popular lately, but after seeing it again I remembered how much I hate it. A character losing their memory is almost as bad as them dying. It hurts my heart.
  7. Less sucky sequels-I've read some pretty great ones lately, but there's nothing worse than reading an amazing book and then not loving the sequel it as much.
  8. More time travel-I've only read a few time travel books, but I really loved them. The genre has so much potential.
There's my top ten. Do you agree with any? Disagree? Any books that fit what I want that you think I should read? Let me know in the comments!


Marissa


No comments:

Post a Comment