Monday, January 13, 2014

Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger Review

Let the Sky Fall (Let the Sky Fall, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Source: Bought
First book in the Sky Fall series
Vane Weston should have died in the category-five tornado that killed his parents. Instead, he woke up in a pile of rubble with no memories of his past - except one: a beautiful, dark-haired girl standing in the winds. She swept through his dreams ever since, and he clings to the hope that she's real.
Audra is real, but she isn't human. She's a sylph, an air elemental who can walk on the wind, translate its alluring songs, even twist it into a weapon. She's also a guardian - Vane's guardian - and has sworn an oath to protect him at all costs.
When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both their families, Audra has just days to help Vane unlock his memories. And as the storm winds gather, Audra and Vane start to realize that the greatest danger might not be the warriors coming to destroy them, but the forbidden romance growing between them.


Review 
I have wanted to read this book forever. There was something about it that called to me. This was an absolutely amazing story. I wasn't disappointed at all! 

This tells the story of Vane and Audra. Vane doesn't know who he is but he's about to find out. Someone is tearing the world up looking for him. Audra is Vane's guardian. She must remind him of who he is before it's too late. 

Vane and Audra both took some getting used too. They both have very strong personalities. Once I got used to them, I adored them both. They were very unique. Vane was snarky and adorable. I loved seeing him put things aside for Audra. I loved how hard he worked. Everything was completely new to him but he never gave up. Audra was also quite snarky and very complex. I loved how determined she was. I also loved that she kept herself in check even when she didn't want too. 

This story was the biggest waiting game. But I loved it. I had no idea what was going to happen next. All the wind aspects were so cool! This story has such a unique concept. I couldn't put it down. I read it in one sitting. It was perfect. If you haven't read this story yet, I highly recommend. 


Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment