Sunday, January 13, 2013

Where She Went by Gayle Forman Review

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Source: Borrowed
Second and final book in the If I Stay series
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


Review
I'm not sure if I can form words for this one. As weird as this may sound this book was beautiful. The writing was perfect. The storyline was so moving. I was so happy to read more about the characters. As soon as I finished this I wanted to reread it. It was amazing.

I loved getting to read from Adam's perspective. I learned so much about him. He's not the type of guy I normally like but I absolutely adore him. His story was so moving. He really had to find himself before he could move forward. I found it admirable how much he was willing to give up for Mia. He made her a promise and no matter how hard it was for him he was willing to keep it. It was intriguing to see Adam and Mia repair their relationship. They were having some real problems. I loved how everything turned out. I even did a little happy dance :). Everything worked out perfectly. There was even some cute parts for me to love. Both Adam and Mia are amazing characters. I enjoyed reading about their story so much. I'm gonna miss them!

3 years can change a lot. Not just in life but in relationships and in yourself. How far are two people willing to go for love? 3 years changed a lot for Adam and Mia. They didn't even know each other anymore. They were living different, busy, and crazy lives. And then, they rekindled the amazing relationship they had before and it was beautiful. There really is so much to be taken from this book. Just one day fixed all their problems. Overall this book was brilliant(in the words of Ron Weasley). I loved it with all my heart! If you haven't read this series you have too!



Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I've heard a lot of great things about this book, so I think I might get on to reading it, right?
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    ReplyDelete