Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins



****"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill at the Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.****
 
 
 
My pick this week is:
School Spirits (School Spirits, #1)
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins
Expected release date: May 14th, 2013
from Disney-Hyperion

Fifteen-year-old Izzy Brannick was trained to fight monsters. For centuries, her family has hunted magical creatures. But when Izzy’s older sister vanishes without a trace while on a job, Izzy's mom decides they need to take a break.

Izzy and her mom move to a new town, but they soon discover it’s not as normal as it appears. A series of hauntings has been plaguing the local high school, and Izzy is determined to prove her worth and investigate. But assuming the guise of an average teenager is easier said than done. For a tough girl who's always been on her own, it’s strange to suddenly make friends and maybe even have a crush.

Can Izzy trust her new friends to help find the secret behind the hauntings before more people get hurt?

Rachel Hawkins' delightful spin-off brings the same wit and charm as the New York Times best-selling Hex Hall series. Get ready for more magic, mystery and romance!
Do I even need to explain why I'm dying to get my hands on this? No, probably not but I'm going to anyway. It's Rachel Hawkins which means lots of laughs and lots of kissing (hopefully), it's a Hex Hall spin off, it's about Izzy (I knew it!) and there's a new guy and if he's anything like Archer I'm a goner. I'm so excited to get to go back to the world and hopefully see some of the characters I've missed. And that cover is lovely.
Marissa

2 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes yes yes! I want to read this one so bad! I loved the Hex Hall series (and cried like a baby when it ended) and met Hawkins at the release of Spellbound because I am a hardcore fan of hers :) And I'm so glad to see that you are too! Super great pick!
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I cried too! I got to meet her too, she's so funny in person. Not that that's surprising.

      Delete