Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Foresaken by Lisa M. Stasse Review

The Forsaken (The Forsaken, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Source: Conference
First book in The Foresaken series
As an obedient orphan of the U.N.A. (the super-country that was once Mexico, the U.S., and Canada), Alenna learned at an early age to blend in and be quiet—having your parents taken by the police will do that to a girl. But Alenna can’t help but stand out when she fails a test that all sixteen-year-olds have to take: The test says she has a high capacity for brutal violence, and so she is sent to The Wheel, an island where all would-be criminals end up.
The life expectancy of prisoners on The Wheel is just two years, but with dirty, violent, and chaotic conditions, the time seems a lot longer as Alenna is forced to deal with civil wars for land ownership and machines that snatch kids out of their makeshift homes. Desperate, she and the other prisoners concoct a potentially fatal plan to flee the island. Survival may seem impossible, but Alenna is determined to achieve it anyway.


Review
I hadn't heard much about this before reading. I noticed it didn't have the best reviews so I was a little worried. I really enjoyed this book. I don't understand some of the negative reviews. I thought it was great. I loved the storyline. The characters were great. And, the story was pretty fast paced.

I loved Alenna. More than I thought I would. She grew into a very great character. She was strong, she never have up, and she got pretty well into the world she was placed. I liked how she wanted to in among the Wheel. I like show she always wanted to help. I liked how careful she was about her feelings for Liam because she didn't want to hurt her friend. I doing really like David. He confused me. But, I know he has a part to play and I hope to learn more about him. Now Liam, I adored. He was a sweetheart. I definitely hope Alenna and Liam get to continue their relationship. This has some pretty amazing secondary characters. I'm excited to see who returns in the sequel.

I really loved this ones storyline. It was so insanely unique. I had no idea where the story was going. It kept me on my toes so I couldn't put it down! I was dying to know how everything was going to unravel. There was lots of twists and turns. The characters were amazing. When I finished this I was dying to know how the story was going to continue. I can't wait for the sequel and I highly recommend.








Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment