Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Review

I'll Give You the Sun
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Dial Books
Source: Conference
Stand Alone
A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell
Jude and her brother, Noah, are incredibly close twins. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude surfs and cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and divisive ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as an unpredictable new mentor. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world. 
This radiant, fully alive, sometimes very funny novel from the critically acclaimed author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.

Review
I can't even express how much I loved this book. Nothing I could possibly say would do it justice. This book is absolute perfection in every way possible. 

This tells the story of twins Noah and Jude. As they grow apart, they each tell half the story. If they have any hope of growing back together, they just piece the story back together. 

The best part of this story is the growth of the characters. Noah and Jude made amazing main characters. They were so unique. I loved how different they were from each other. They each had different personalities.  I loved how close they were and seeing them get it back. Family is a huge part of this story. It made it very relatable. 

This story is hard on the heart! It's very moving. It was very hard for me to put down. The story was like a roller coaster. You didn't know where it would take you next. I loved the art aspects. I loved the tension between characters. I loved that I could relate to the story. I really can't think of a single thing I didn't like. I was already a huge fan of this author and this just made it worse. This was an unforgettable read! 

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment