Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mind Games by Kiersten White Review

Mind Games (Mind Games, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen 
Source: Bought
First book in the Mind Games series
Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future.
Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways…or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.
In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.



Review
The only thing I didn't like about this book was when it ended! Amazing doesn't even begin to describe this book. 

This tells the story of two sisters. Annie is blind but able to see the future. Fia is quite the mystery with flawless instincts. The two are trapped in a school fighting for freedom and each other's lives. 

Fia and Annie were both amazing characters. I ended up enjoying Fia a little more because her story was so exciting. She was a little firecracker. I wouldn't want to run into her on the streets. Annie had a softer personality but was still strong. I liked how she thought things through. I loved how much the two cared for each other. I also really loved James. He was the perfect bad boy. I loved that he did what he had to do but still cared about Fia. We didn't really see a lot of Adam. I hope we get to see tons of Annie and Adam in the next book.

I did have some trouble getting into this story. It alternated perspective and last and present day. I had trouble keeping up. I enjoyed it from page one though. It had a very fast paced and unique concept. Once I got into it I couldn't out it down this was a one sitting read. Overall I was very impressed with this story. I loved it with all my heart and I cannot wait to continue the series.

 
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment