Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike Review

Life After Theft
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen
Source: Conference
Stand Alone
Moving to a new high school sucks. Especially a rich-kid private school. With uniforms. But nothing is worse than finding out the first girl you meet is dead. And a klepto.
No one can see or hear Kimberlee except Jeff, so--in hopes of bringing an end to the snarkiest haunting in history--he agrees to help her complete her "unfinished business." But when the enmity between Kimberlee and Jeff's new crush, Sera, manages to continue posthumously, Jeff wonders if he's made the right choice.
Clash meets sass in this uproarious modern-day retelling of Baroness Orczy's The Scarlet Pimpernel.



Review
Man this one surprised me. It was amazing from page one. I loved it to pieces! 

This tells the story of Jeff. He's moved into a new school and runs into someone only he can see. Kimberlee has unfinished business. She's determined to right her wrongs and move on. 

I love that this is told from a boys perspective. Jeff was amazing! I loved that he stood up for himself but still cared about Kimberlee. I loved how true he was to himself and what he thought was right. I will admit Kimberlee was a brat. But I still really enjoyed her character. I loved how complex she was. I loved that she owned up to her flaws. I also liked that we had to wait to get her full story. 

This was such a unique story. I've never read anything like it. I loved all the different stolen items. This wasn't too fast paced but I couldn't put it down. I read it in one sitting in just a few hours. I thought it was incredibly well done. I'm so glad I got the chance to read it. I think anyone would love this book so you guys should check it out! 



Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment