Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (36)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
This weeks topic is Top Ten Books To Read During Halloween. I love Halloween and creepy things so this was a fun topic.


  1. The Possession of Cassie Quinn by Kathryn Knutson-This is probably the creepiest book I've ever read. It was like reading a scary movie. There was this one part with a sheet *shivers* It still scares me sometimes. So it's perfect for Halloween, right?
  2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs-I just read this one to get into the Halloween spirit (you can read my review here) and I loved it. Spooky and original. With pictures!
  3. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson-If Jack the Ripper doesn't already creep you out, he will after reading this. I read it a while ago and I still remember how scary it was.
  4. The Series of Unfortunate Events-I don't know what it is, but these books remind me of Halloween. They just have that vibe, you know? Creepy and dark and weird, but kind of fascinating at the same time.
  5. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting-This is one of my favorite series. It's got so many great things about it, but one of the main things is parts in the killers point of view. It makes it all that much more scary. It freaks me out.
  6. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab-This is the kind of scary I would have loved when I was younger. Dark and spooky and mysterious. Almost Tim Burton-ey.
  7. Of Light and Darkness 1 and 2 by Shayne Leighton-These are vampire books, but they are freaking creepy vampire books. Vampires don't normally scare me, but dang. And vampires are the good guys in this book. Sort of. There's all kinds of other creepy crawlies in it, too.
  8. Beautifully Broken by Sherry Soule-This book had a creepy small town, mysterious boy, evil ghosts, and a huge, creaky, haunted house. Pretty much the whole shebang.

So that's my list! Now I feel all into the Halloween mood-and kind of creeped out. What are some of your favorite scary books? Let me know in the comments.

Happy Halloween, lovelies!


Marissa




No comments:

Post a Comment