Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rift by Andrea Cremer Review

Rift (Nightshade Prequel, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Philomel
Source: Conference
First book in Nightshade Prequel series
Chronicling the rise of the Keepers, this is the stunning prequel to Andrea Cremer's internationally bestselling Nightshade trilogy!
Sixteen-year-old Ember Morrow is promised to a group called Conatus after one of their healers saves her mother's life. Once she arrives, Ember finds joy in wielding swords, learning magic, and fighting the encroaching darkness loose in the world. She also finds herself falling in love with her mentor, the dashing, brooding, and powerful Barrow Hess. When the knights realize Eira, one of their leaders, is dabbling in dark magic, Ember and Barrow must choose whether to follow Eira into the nether realm or to pledge their lives to destroying her and her kind.
With action, adventure, magic, and tantalizing sensuality, this book is as fast-paced and breathtaking as the Nightshade novels.



Review
I am in love with this book. I might even love it more than the nightshade series. It was so good. As soon as i finished it I wanted to pick it up and read it again. It left me dying for more. I can;t wait for the next book.

Ember is an easy character to love. She has a great personality. I like how determined she is. She was a perfect fit among the guard. There is a hint of a love triangle but it seemed one sided. Its pretty clear Ember knows who she wants to be with. I adore Barrow. I like how he wasn't pushy. He focused more on being Ember's teacher than his feelings. I'm glad they finally got togethter because they were super adorable. Alistar is another story entirely. I hated him. He was way too pushy. I would like him with someone else but Ember and Alistar are better of friends. Another thing I loved about this books characters were the horses. I love how the horses played a big part and how it seemed like they had their own personality. I am gonna miss these charcaters while I wait for the sequel to come out.

This had a very historical storyline. I'm not sure if it is historical fiction or not but it felt like it was. I really likedd all the tension in the plot. The plot was really exciting. This book had a great mix of plot and characters. This wasn't really what I was expecting but I loved it so much. I want to share my love for it with the enitre world. I can't wait till its out in the wild so I can see what everyone thinks. Overallthis was such an amazing read. I can't wait for the rest of the series and I highly recommend. 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment