Friday, August 24, 2012

Author Love #10: Lauren Oliver

Author Love is a meme we came up with. There are so many authors and books out there that we love so much and want the world to know about them. If you want to play along all you have to do is pick one of your favorite authors. Write what you like about them and/or their books. You can also include an author bio and synopsis of their book if you want.

My pick this week is: Lauren Oliver


Lauren Oliver
Bio from blog: I grew up in Westchester, New York and live in Brooklyn now, which I believe is the happiest place on earth. I love to write, read, cook, and totter around in improbably high heels. My favorite things are: friends who make you laugh until you think you might pee; great food you can eat with your hands; and long summer nights, preferably spent on a beach. My least favorite things are bananas (I totally agree. Yuck) and people who tell you your ideas are bad or impossible. Boring! I am addicted to jeans, coffee, and fun, but I am also a hard worker and I love to run, kickbox, and contort myself into funny yoga positions. I believe in karma, kindness, and cookies.
Lauren Oliver is one of my favorite authors ever. I've read Before I Fall, Delirium and Pandemonium and I own both of her middle grade books and can't wait to read them. I will read anything she writes. Before I Fall was sad and it made me think about the kind of person I am and what I would do if I only have 7 days to make all my wrongs right before I died. I think it would make an awesome movie. Delirium is one of the slower dystopians but it's one of my favorites. It sticks with you. I could reread it again and again. Though I didn't love Pandemonium as much as I did Delirium it still was an amazing book and it kept me on the edge of my seat. My favorite thing about her books is her writing style. It's descriptive and poetic but it doesn't drag or distract from what's happening. I got to meet her back in March and she was super cool. When I walked into the bookstore she was sitting on a table asking questions. Because chairs are too boring of course. Then I fangirled while she wrote nice things in my books. If you haven't read anything by Lauren Oliver I highly recommend you do.

Me and Lauren Oliver


 

No comments:

Post a Comment