Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake Review

Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Tor Teen
Source: Bought
Second and final book in Anna series
It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.
His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.
Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.
Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.


Review
I am so sad that this series only has two books. It could go on forever and I would be happy. This was such an amazing sequel. It had such an amazing storyline. The characters were amazing. Plus that cover is gorgeous. I'm sad to see this series end but it was amazing while it lasted.

Cas is an amazing hero. I absolutely adore him. I love his snarky personality. I love how strong of a leader he is. I love how he never have up. He didn't let anyone decide for him. He is such a strong character. He reminds me of Cassel Sharpe from Holly Black's Curse Workers series. I think it was really big of him to make the right choice about Anna. He didn't think about himself he thought about her. I really loved Thomas even more in this. I love his personality. I love how powerful he is. He's really come into himself. I also love how he really stuck with Cas. He was the only one who stayed with him through it all. As for Carmel, I was glad when she left and I was glad when she came back. It wasn't the same when she wasn't there. I'm really gonna miss these characters.

This had such an amazing storyline. I really loved it. It was so creepy. I loved the mystery. I couldn't put this down because I had to know what happened. The characters and plot for perfectly together. Everything was is well done. Overall this was an amazing read. I'm sad to see this series end. It was so amazing and I can't wait to see what this author comes up with next. 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment