Sunday, May 6, 2012

Destined by Aprilynne Pike Review and 100th Post

Destined (Wings, #4)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:HarperCollins
Last book in Laurel series.
Tamani looked at her gravely, and reached up to tuck her hair behind her ear.
He hesitated for an instant, then his hands found the sides of her face, pulling her to him. He didn't kiss her, just held her face close to his, their foreheads resting together, their noses almost touching.
She hated how much it felt like good-bye.

Laurel now knows the truth: Yuki is a rare Winter faerie, the most powerful—and deadly—of all, and Klea plans to use her to help conquer and destroy Avalon. But Klea's reach extends far beyond one wild Winter faerie. With Tamani, David, and Chelsea by her side, Laurel prepares to face what may be Avalon's final days, in the stunning conclusion to the Wings series.




Review
This series is one of my favorites. I'm obsessed. I can honestly say this was the perfect ending. Words cannot describe the amazingness of this book. It's become my favorite in the series.


This series has a really bad love triangle. I've known which guy I liked from the beginning. But I realized he wasn't right for her. Laurel made the perfect choice for her. She's strong and brave. She always puts others first. She's grown so much since the beginning. I loved that she wasn't gonna let go of her humanity. That was the one thing she wasn't going to lose. I also loved that she didn't let go of her human friends. They were always right there with her. I'm really glad David played such a big part. The authors note and David's letter made me cry my eyes out. David has a special place in my heart. Me and Tamani have a on and off relationship. Half the time I hate him and half the time I love him. I liked him in this more than I have in any of the others. I plan on rereading the whole series in the future and seeing if I feel differently about it.


The action never stopped. It was going going going till the end. I loved it every second. I could not put it down. It was addicting. The storyline was seriously so amazing. Overall I absolutely adored this in case you can't tell. Im so sad it's over. I can't wait to see what Aprilynne Pike comes up with next. I highly recommend this series. 5/5 stars


Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment