Monday, December 19, 2011

Shatter Me review

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:HarperCollins
First in a trilogy
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel


Review
Oh my goodness what to say. I kinda waited a long time to read this which might have been the stupidest idea on earth.This book was absolutely amazing in every way possible. It kinda had a divergent feel but in a completely different way. Not only was the plot amazing but it was adorable too. I seriously read this in like 5 hours. I couldn't put it down.


Adam is omg love of my life swoon worthy. His relationship with James was so so so so adorable. Adam is the sweetest thing ever. I might be in love. Warner is the most evil person on the planet. I was literally screaming at my book. Kenji is hilarious. The fact that Juliette can touch some people and not others left me curious. Maybe there's some kinda trigger or something. Juliette is more brave then I could ever be. I admire her.


This was so amazing. I can't even explain it. You just have to see for yourself. The fact that we have to wait till fall of 2012 for a sequel is depressing. It's gonna be torture. Read this I swear if you don't I'll come hunt you down.
5/5 Stars


Jasmine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment