Saturday, December 24, 2011

Evernight review

Evernight (Evernight, #1)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:HarperTeen
First in a series
Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.


Review
For awhile I didn't want to read this. I think because when I looked it up I was over vampires. Then Fateful came along and I realized what an amazing author Claudia Gray was. I really liked this. It wasn't like any other vampire story. In most books the guy is the dangerous one. I like the change. The girl is either dangerous towards the guy or their both dangerous towards each other. I like how it was a boarding school. Normally the parents aren't with the person. I liked how Bianca's parents were with her. I adored Vic. He was hilarious. I liked how close he and Lucas were. Ah Lucas was adorable. I love how he stands up for the kids being picked on. I love his personality. I can see why Bianca likes him so much. I'm kinda curious about his background and family. I hope we learn more about him in the sequel. The storyline was unique and exciting. There were so many twists and turns I wasn't expecting at all. Overall I adored this and am eagerly waiting till I can purchase the sequel. 5/5 stars
Jasmine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment