Friday, December 2, 2011

Review: Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)

Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
First in a trilogy


Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.
Review:First off isn`t the cover gorgeous? It`s so shiny :). 
I`ve never read sci-fi before but if all of them are like this I might start. The setting of this book it was so interesting but as much as I love space I would not want to live on Godspeed. The ship really is built of secrets. There was so many twists sometimes I couldn`t tell what was true and what wasn`t. The only thing I figured out in the beginning was who the murderer was so the foreshadowing of that could have been a little better but other than that I thought this book was amazing. I loved the characters the plot didn`t outshine them and they were all different and unique. Amy was a very strong main character and wasn`t whiny or annoying and Elder was super cute even though some of his thoughts about Amy were very uh boyish some of them were really cute. I had a hard time writing this review because I couldn`t explain why I loved it so much. This book kind of had the feel of a standalone but luckily it`s not I`m super excited for the second one A Million Suns to come out next month.
5/5 stars

-Marissa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment