Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough






****"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill at the Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.****


My pick this week is
The Game of Love and Death
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
Expected release date: April 28th, 2015
from Arthur A. Levine Books

Antony and Cleopatra. Helen of Troy and Paris. Romeo and Juliet. And now . . . Henry and Flora.

For centuries Love and Death have chosen their players. They have set the rules, rolled the dice, and kept close, ready to influence, angling for supremacy. And Death has always won. Always.

Could there ever be one time, one place, one pair whose love would truly tip the balance?

Meet Flora Saudade, an African-American girl who dreams of becoming the next Amelia Earhart by day and sings in the smoky jazz clubs of Seattle by night. Meet Henry Bishop, born a few blocks and a million worlds away, a white boy with his future assured — a wealthy adoptive family in the midst of the Great Depression, a college scholarship, and all the opportunities in the world seemingly available to him.

The players have been chosen. The dice have been rolled. But when human beings make moves of their own, what happens next is anyone’s guess.

Achingly romantic and brilliantly imagined, The Game of Love and Death is a love story you will never forget.

GUYS. My favorite kind of love to read about is forbidden love. I don't know why, I'm just strange and like all the angst. Even weirder, I've been wanting to read a forbidden love between different races for a while. Sorry, but not really sorry because it sounds really interesting to me. I also love reading anything to do with mythology. Basically this is just the book I've been craving. As soon as I read the synopsis it became one of my anticipated releases of 2015. We're so close, but not close enough for me.

That's what I'm waiting on for my last WoW of the year. Dang. That means all next years releases are so close. What book are you most excited for?


Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment