Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #23


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week is from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

 
Teaser-
" You're under arrest for trafficking illegal drugs across state and international borders..." As they pulled Johnathan LaGrey from the room, Citing a list of crimes, he turned again to look at the baby girl, giving her a tight, ironic grin. "Just say no to drugs , will ya, kid?"

I'm super excited to read this one. This teaser if from page 3 of my ARC


Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Love the cover but not the title. :)

    My teaser is from The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin.

    My Teaser is below. Have a great Tuesday.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    MyTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this book. Can't wait for Sweet Peril!

    My Teaser:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday-5-days-of-blood-starlight.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Peril has the prettiest cover in the world! That's one of the reasons I want to read Sweet Evil :). Thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  3. Sweet Evil is SO one of my favorites of the year! I love that teaser. ;) This book surprised me so much- I never expected to be as emotionally attached to this book as I was. You're in for a ride, Jasmine! I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did. =)

    ReplyDelete