Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Deity (Covenant, #3)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Source: Bought
Third book in the Covenant series
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...
 
Review
I can't even form words for this book. It was just to amazing for words. I've waited so long for this book. It blew my expectations out of the water. It's definitely my favorite in the series. It was impossible to put down. I read it in basically a day and had the time of my life.

Man, I love Alex. She's such an amazing character. She has one of the best personalities. I love how she's always joking around even at the worst of times. I love how strong she is. She has that I know I'm fierce confidence. I have no doubt she's going to continue being an amazing character. She never fails to surprise me. I can't wait to see where her story goes. I've never liked Seth. He bothers me so much. He's one of the most annoying characters I've ever read about. But he plays a very important part in the story. It wouldn't be the same without him. As for Aiden, I adore him with all my heart. I have since the beginning. He is the most amazing character. I love how protective he is over Alex. She really is the most important person in the world to him. They had some of the malt adorable moments in this. I've been waiting for them to have that relationship. It was my favorite part. I have a feeling it won't last. I'm pretty sure it's her turn to break his heart(sadly). Hopefully my instincts are wrong.

This book was impossible to put down. I've been waiting so long that I never wanted to stop reading. The storyline was epicly amazing. I loved how fast paces it was. I loved the tension between characters. I loved the Greek aspect. I loved the characters. I loved the cuteness between some characters. I loved that I couldn't predict the story. The list could go on forever. But, that's enough fan girling for now. Plenty of time for that later. Overall this was such an amazing read. It fits in so perfectly with the series. Since the ending wasn't so lovely, I can't wait for the next book. If you haven't read this series. I highly recommend checking it out. It is oh so very lovely.


Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment