Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Serpents Shadow by Rick Riordan Review

The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:Hyperion
Source:Bought
Last book in the KaHe's b-a-a-ack! Despite their best efforts, Carter and Sade Kane can't seem to keep Apophis, the chaos snake, down. Now Apophis is threatening to plunge the world into eternal darkness, and the Kanes are faced with the impossible task of having to destroy him once and for all. Unfortunately, the magicians of the House of Life are on the brink of civil war, the gods are divided, and the young initiates of Brooklyn House stand almost alone against the forces of chaos. The Kanes' only hope is an ancient spell that might turn the serpent's own shadow into a weapon, but the magic has been lost for a millennia. To find the answer they need, the Kanes must rely on the murderous ghost of a powerful magician who might be able to lead them to the serpent's shadow . . . or might lead them to their deaths in the depths of the underworld.

Nothing less than the mortal world is at stake when the Kane family fulfills its destiny in this thrilling conclusion to the Kane Chronicles.
ne Chronicles series


Review
Nothing I can say will ever touch the epicness(which isn't a word) of Rick Riordan. I'm going to do my best to do this book justice. This series is just so amazing. Who doesn't love mythology? I'm really sad this series is ending but it couldn't have had a better conclusion.


I love Sadie. She's so hilarious. She's really grown up. It's hard to believe how brave and powerful she is. It's like nothing effects her. I'm glad she finally got those boys under control. Oh Carter. What would I do without you. I adore him with all my heart. He's my favorite(other than the amazing Percy Jackson of course). I think what I like best is his dorkiness(also not a word). There is two sides to Carter. The strong and powerful and the geeky dork. Both being very adorable. This has great secondary characters. My favorites being Walt, Zia, and Anubis. I love every single character in this book and I am going to miss them.


This book has a very hilariously exciting plot. There's humor while all this action is going on. It was very fast paced. This made me want to learn more about the Egyptian gods. I like reading books I don't know much about because then I want to go research it. Overall I loved this. I'm really sad to see this series end. I highly recommend because it's one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to the rest of Rick Riordan's upcoming books :). 5/5 stars


Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment