Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Eve by Anna Carey Review

Eve (Eve, #1)
Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:HarperTeen
Source:Bought
First book in Eve series
The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.
Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.


Review
This book has a very different world. I love how unique the world building is. It really is u like any other dystopian. I devoured it. I never wanted to put it down. I fell seriously head over heels in love with this book.


Throughout most of the book I loved Eve. She had some moments when I wondered what she was thinking. At first she seemed a little snobby, really she was just in an unfamiliar environment. Caleb is my favorite character. I'm in love with him. He's such a sweetheart. One thing I really liked was how innocent Eve and Caleb's relationship was. They were super adorable but they weren't rushing. There was a few secondary characters. By the end of the book most weren't still around. I'm curious to see if they will show up later in the series.


To me the plot felt like two stories fit into one. Both were interesting and fast paced. They fit together perfectly. I liked all the suspense and action. I also like how I couldn't guess what was gonna happen next. Overall I really loved this. I should have read it way sooner. I'm excited to see where the story is going to go and I highly recommend. 5/5 stars


Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment