Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Possession of Cassie Quinn by Kathryn Knutson Review

The Possession of Cassie Quinn
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: North Star Press of St. Cloud, Inc
Source: Author
First book in a possible series
A long, dark driveway towards an old farmhouse. A new stepsister with a nasty streak. A little sister who runs off. Something sinister lurking in the woods. Cassie Quinn's new home comes with . . . complications. Cassie never believed in ghosts before. But now she is receiving strange messages, telling her to stay out of the woods. Are the messages just a ploy by her stepsister? Or are they warning her of an evil that stalks the shadows of the woods beyond her home?

Review
You could call this a ghost murder mystery. It had a pretty interesting concept. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of this book is creepy. Its insanely creepy and suspensful. It kept me reading because I wanted to know what was going to happen. The ending was a little abrubt so I'm curious to see where this series is going to go.

I liked Cassie. She was easy to like because she had a good personality. One thing I kept thinking was how hasn't she figured it out. I guessed what was going to happen fairly early. Ashleigh was just annoying. She didn't seem all that important to the story.  I feel like later in the series she might have a bigger part to play. I loved how it was like good ghost against bad ghost. Normally there isn't a good ghost only a bad one. I also loved all the secondary characters. They kinda reminded me of Nancy Drew's friends. Everyone trying to help solve the myserty. Some more helpful than others.

The stoyline is so suspensful that it makes this really hard to put down. At times I had to take breaks because I was so creeped out. The I guess you could call it the evil ghosts little snippets were insaely creepy. The night I finished it, I couldnt stop going over everything. Then I was too creeped out to sleep. But I loved being so scared because its rare that I read books that make me so scared. This ended so fast that I'm dying to know what is going to happen next. Overall I really liked this. I loved how it wasn't something I would normally read. I cant wait for the sequel. I recommend if you love being creepy out. 4/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment