Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (23)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

 
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of us will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All that's asked is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
 
This weeks topic is Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013. I haven't read as many books as I would like so this will be kind of hard, but here we go!
 
In no particular order:
  1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare-Okay, maybe this one is number one for a reason. The over a year wait was worth it. I turned the last page in awe, and I'm still thinking about it 3 months later.
  2. Goddess by Josephine Angelini-This was the best ending to this series I could have asked for.
  3. Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout-What kind of top ten list would this be without one of her books on it?
  4. Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood-I flew through this one and loved it as much, if not more, than the first one.
  5. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater-If it's a Maggie Stiefvater book it's bound to end up on a favorites list at some point.
  6. Ballad by Maggie Siefvater-And the sequel to it will probably show up, too.
  7. Asunder by Jodi Meadows-If this was a list of favorite sequels this would definitely be on it. Like a sequel should be, it was everything the first one was and more. Plus kissing.
  8. Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton-Like the one above all the kissing in this one made it one of my favorite endings to the series. I mean there was other awesome stuff in it, but mainly the kissing.
  9. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis-Amazing ending to and amazing series.
  10. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer-Yay for sequels that are even better than the first book.
There was a lot of books in a series in this list. Hopefully in the second half of the year (can you believe it's already halfway through 2013?!) I'll be able to read a lot of amazing first books, and standalones.
 
Any recommendations? What books were your top ten? Tell me in the comments!
 

Marissa

1 comment:

  1. Clockwork Princess seems to be on a lot of people's lists, but it should be because expectations were SO high! Sadly, Goddess, Shades of Earth, and Asunder all barely missed out on mine, but I still loved them. Because, you're right: THE KISSING, it was soooo good! Star Cursed and Scarlet are on my ASAP-TBR list right now, but I've got a couple tours first. And Awaken. I'm kinda nervous about Scarlet because everybody's hyping it up so much!

    ReplyDelete