Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Vampires Reflection by Shayne Leighton Review

The Vampire's Reflection (Of Light and Darkness #2)
Reading Level: YA/NA
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Source: Publisher
Second book in the Of Light and Darkness series
*This was gifted to me by author for review*
Months after their brutal victory over Aiden and his hierarchy of Wizards, Charlotte and Valek have returned from Prague to their home in the Bohemian Occult City. However, this time, they are joined by their new band of misfit, magical friends. In the light of day, all seems to be at peace now that the Regime has been toppled, and the coven of rogue monsters has finally found their freedom. But Charlotte soon discovers that much like her adopted Vampire family, she has developed a strange addiction of her own. Her new disease is destroying her from the inside out, and Valek finds himself at a loss as he defies all odds to save her life. Danger continues to lurk around every corner and they realize that their happily-ever-after has not ended so happily after all, in this highly anticipated sequel of the Of Light and Darkness series.


Review
I'm having mixed feelings with this one. It had some good things and some bad. It was awhile ago when I read the first book. I think not remembering much took away from the story and might be why I didn't enjoy it as much as possible. 

This tells the story of Valek and Charlotte.  Charlotte has developed an addiction to Valek and his bite. It is slowly killing her. All the while someone is out for revenge and will stop at nothing to get it. 

I really like Valek and Charlotte individually but together not so much. Their relationship is kinda off for me. Sometimes I enjoy it sometimes I don't. But, I liked the variety of characters. I liked the bad guys. I liked the secondary characters as well. I wish I wasn't having such mixed feelings about the main chats hers. I know it really took away from the story. I know it's one of the reasons I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. 

Because I didn't remember much I was confused in the beginning. I really enjoyed the storyline though. I thought it was fast paced and action packed. But the pacing was very up and down. It would be fast and then get really slow. The storyline was unpredictable. So this had its good and its bad but I did enjoy it.
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment