Sunday, June 9, 2013

Goddess by Josephine Angelini Review

Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen
Source: Conference
Third and final book in the Starcrossed series
After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.
To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.
In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.


Review
This series couldn't have had a better ending. It blew me away! I can't believe it's really over. I will hold this series close to my heart forever.

This concludes Helen's story. She has accidentally released the gods from captivity. Lets just say their running wild. As Helen's powers continue to grow she must find a way to contain the gods before she has a war on her hands. She also has a tough choice to make, you can't have two guys forever.

Helen was kinda badass I'm this. Her powers were incredible. I loved how she remained strong even though her world was falling apart. She was a perfect goddess. Now onto the boys. I will say Orion is a good guy! He's stuck with Helen through it all. Lucas I've loved since the start. Lucas played a bigger role than Orion. Some of the things that happened shocked me. I was incredibly happy Helen finally made her choice. I want to take a second to mention the amazing secondary characters. I've loved seeing everyone grow so much and really stick together. I'm really gonna miss these guys :(.

So this book kinda tore my heart out at moments. I loved the addition of the gods. I loved all the action and suspense. I loved the world building. I loved Everyland so much. But that final battle was not okay! U mean it was insanely well done but, my heart could not handle it! It made me scream and cry and throw things all over the place. But it was needed and fit the story perfectly. Overall this was a fabulous ending not that I'm surprised at all! It couldn't have been better. I can't wait to see what else this author has in store. If you haven't read this series, your missing out and I highly recommend.




Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment