Friday, April 5, 2013

Prodigy by Marie Lu Review

Prodigy (Legend, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Source: Bought
Second book in the Legend series
June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.
It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.
But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?
In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action.


Review
Do you have any idea how long I've waited for this book? It feels like forever. Believe me when I say it did not disappoint! It was an amazing sequel. I threw myself into it and didn't stop till I was done.

This continues June and Day's story. They have arrived in Las Vegas just as Elector Primo dies and his son takes over. The two soon join the Patriot rebels in hopes of saving Day's brother.

I could fan girl about Day and June for the rest of my life. Not only are they both individually amazing characters but put them together and their completely badass! One thing I really liked was since they had such different upbringings they have different personalities. It was a little annoying how they doubted each other when apart. But, I loved how willing they were to do anything for each other. That might be my favorite thing about them. They care so much for each other. I don't just mean the kissy parts. Throughout the whole book they took care and were always thinking about each other. They have an amazing relationship that I hope never goes away.

This cannot be compared to any other book in the world. It has the most unique storyline. I seriously read the day away and then I didn't realize it was almost over. I couldn't put it down. There was so much action. I had no idea where the story was going. It had all the twists in the world. All the suspense and tension between characters made it epic. Let me just warn you the ending is not okay at all! And now I have to wait a year for the third book. I'm gonna die. So if you haven't read this one your missing out! Read it and then we can all wait together :).


Jasmine

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic review! I cannot wait to read this one! I absolutely loved Legend, and I'm curious to see where Lu will take readers. I love Day and June as a couple, because they're just so awesome and--soo much love!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millie! I hope you love it when you get the chance to read it <3

      Delete
  2. I feel like I waited an eternity to read this book, honestly. I wasn't even a big fan of the first book, but I wanted to know what happened with this book, and I ended up loving it even more than the first! I totally ship Day and June, they are so perfect for each other. And you're totally right, it's not just the kissy parts either. It's how they're always looking out for each other. The plot line is also so riveting, I was glued to the page the entire time.

    Awesome review, Jasmine! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3. I'm so happy you enjoyed this one Aneeqah! It really was amazing! The wait for book 3 will be torture.

      Delete
  3. Great review Jasmine! I had this book in my possession from the library and didn't read it in time before I had to return it! (Mainly because I really needed to re-read Legend first!) From your review, I need to get my act together, re-read Legend, and get this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I debated rereading Legend and deciced against it! Of course it took me awhile to remember certain things! I hope you love it when you get the chance to read it <3

      Delete