Monday, April 15, 2013

Fire by Kristin Cashore Review

Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Dial Books
Source: Conference
Second book in the Graceling Realm series
It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. The young King Nash clings to his throne while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. The mountains and forests are filled with spies and thieves and lawless men.
This is where Fire lives. With a wild, irresistible appearance and hair the color of flame, Fire is the last remaining human monster. Equally hated and adored, she had the unique ability to control minds, but she guards her power, unwilling to steal the secrets of innocent people. Especially when she has so many of her own.
Then Prince Brigan comes to bring her to King City, The royal family needs her help to uncover the plot against the king. Far away from home, Fire begins to realize there's more to her power than she ever dreamed. Her power could save the kingdom.
If only she weren't afraid of becoming the monster her father was.


Review
Someone tell me why I waited so long to read this? I honestly was hesitant because I had such high expectations. I have no Ida why I was worried! This surpassed my expectations by a long shot. It might even be my favorite out of the series.

This one tells the story of Fire, the last human monster in the world. She is both loved and hated for her appearance. She has the ability to control minds. Unexpectedly, she finds herself needed in the Kings City. Whole there she finds out she's capable of more than she thinks.

I instantly fell I'm love with Fire. I loved how unique she was. There was no one quite like her. She also had an amazing personality. I loved bow strong she was. She had a lot to deal with and always remained strong. I also loved the caring side of her. She was also very loving. I could fangirl about Archer for all of my life. My goodness he was amazing. I loved how epic he was and he knew it. He had this confidence that I loved. I also loved how protective he was over Fire. He cared about her so much. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Barigan. He made a great addition to the story. I liked how complex his character was. I'm not saying anything about who the love interest is. It does involve spoilers but its also not too terribly important. It was well done and very cute!

This had an amazing storyline. It was addicting. There was tons of action and I couldn't put it down. I loved learning about a new Graceling world. I loved how well it intertwined with Graceling and Bitterblue. I loved all the twists and turns. I had no idea where the story was going. I adored the characters with all my heart. Overall I loved every page of this book. It was beyond amazing. I can't believe I took so long to read this. If you haven't read this one, I oh so highly recommend.


Jasmine

6 comments:

  1. I loved this book too! Graceling is my favorite so far but I still need to read Bitterblue. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also glad you enjoyed it way better than I did! Graceling is still the fave but this one didn't cut it for me.

    Tt@ Never Ending Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this book for the longest time after hearing AMAZING things! I have a feeling I'll feel like you and wonder why I waited so long! The storyline sounds great as does Fire. Love the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how many times I've requested Graceling for the e-library and got it... and then didn't get a chance to read it! Gah. I need to read these books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just re-read Graceling and am hoping to get to Fire soon. I can't believe I never finished the series! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh, amazing review. <3 And omg. Yes. YOU ARE AWFUL! lol :D You should have read it ages ago. Graceling was just so damn perfect. Fire just as perfect. (Love Graceling a tiny bit more, because of Po, but Fire is just so so so so good. <3) I'm just so glad you loved this book :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete