Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe Review

The Way We Fall (Fallen World, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Source: Bought
First book in Fallen World trilogy
When a deadly virus begins to sweep through sixteen-year-old Kaelyn's community, the government quarantines her island--no one can leave, and no one can come back.
Those still healthy must fight for dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.
Because how will she go on if there isn't?
Megan Crewe crafts a powerful and gripping exploration of self-preservation, first love, and hope. Poignant and dizzying, this heart-wrenching story of one girl's bravery and unbeatable spirit will leave readers fervently awaiting the next book in this standout new series.

 

Review
This wasn't what I expected at all. I think I expected it to be really dramatic. It wasn't overly dramatic like I thought it would be. For what was happening it was actually very calm. Thins had its own uniqueness. I haven't read many books like this but I don't think this is like other books. It blew my expectations and I'm so glad I read it.

I loved Kaelyn. She was a very strong character. She handled everything like a pro. I think she grew so much and it's only the first book. She was constantly trying to help in any way she could. She always made the most of things. I cannot wait to see where her story is going to go. I loved Gav. He had an amazing personality. He was so strong. It was like nothing scared him. All he wanted was to help. I don't think the world would have been the same without him. Kaelyn and Gav were perfect for each other. They were super cute. You could really tell Kaelyn felt safe around him and he wanted to protect her. I can't wait to see where their relationship goes. This had some pretty great secondary characters. Tessa was a great person to have around. Meredith was super cute. One character I was super curious about was Leo. I kept asking myself who is this person and where is he. I'm excited to learn about him in the sequel.

I think one of the reasons this was so unique was because the virus was so interesting. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. The symptoms had me intrigued. I liked how not everyone who got the virus died. I thought the setting was cool too. Them being stuck on a island made it more interesting. Now I know I said this wasn't overly dramatic but it still had a fair share of action. Overall I really enjoyed this. I give credit to Monica from Cover Analysis for telling me to read it. I'm so glad I did. Everything about this was just so well done. I can't wait to see where the story is going to go. The sequel couldn't come any faster. 5/5 stars

Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment