Sunday, November 9, 2014

Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan Review

Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Source: Bought
Second book in the Lyburn Legacy series
It's time to choose sides.... 
On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.
But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?
A darkly humorous take on Gothic romance, Sarah Rees Brennan's Lynburn Legacy weaves together the tale of a heroine desperate to protect those she loves, two boys hoping to be saved, and the magical forces that will shape their destiny.

Review
I knew right from the start that this book would be rough on my feelings. But, it was worth it! This was an absolutely amazing sequel. 

This continues Kami's story. Kami is free from her bond. She hopes things will be getting back to normal. But Rob Lynburn has other ideas. 

Kami is seriously the best heroine ever. She has this amazing personality. She's got an amazing humor. She's a great leader. Sorry in th Vale honestly wouldn't be the same without her. Oh, Jarded. What am I going to do with you? We definitely got to see a different side of Jared. He wasn't the happiest guy around. I love his snarky, bad boy attitude. I loved getting to see his powers grow. I did have a few moments where I wanted to slap the taste out of his mouth. But, in a loving way! I was happy to see more of Ash. He doesn't have my trust though. Angela, Holly, and Rusty make the best secondary characters. I can't wait to see more of them. 

I really loved where this story is going. I loved the good vs bad vibe. I loved all the magic and suspense. The tension between characters was perfect. This really kept you on your toes. It was impossible to put down. It hurt my feeling but that was to be expected. I plan on picking up the next book as soon as possible! 

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment