Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers Review


Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Hourcourt
Source: Conference
Third and final book in the His Fair Assassin series
Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.
She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has...

Review 
This series is very close to my heart. I couldn't have imagined a better ending. This was absolutely perfect! 

Annith has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. When she realizes she's wanted for the next seeress, things get complicated. Annith must fight for not only herself but for those around her as well.

I've been waiting forever for Annith's story. She might be my favorite of the girls. I love her strength and determination. I love how caring she is. I loved how she stood up for herself with no fear of punishment. She is a total badass. Those skills really came in handy. I absolutely adored Balthazar. He made for an amazing love interest. He never ceased to surprise me. The hellions were also an amazing addition to the story, I was so happy to see all my favorite characters form past books! 

This has a very action packed storyline. It was impossible to put down. I loved how unpredictable it was. I absolutely adored the characters. I loved the war aspects. This story made for a perfect conclusion. There was lots of twists and turns. I never got bored. This might have to be my favorite out of the series. It wrapped things up nicely. All my questions were answered. I'm very sad to say goodbye to this series. But, it's had an amazing run! 

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment