Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (19)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!



Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of us will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All that's asked is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
 



This weeks topic is a freebie! I keep getting these. At first I wasn't sure what topic to do, but since yesterday was my birthday and I always ask for books I decided I would do Top Ten Books I Want For My Birthday.

  1. The Revenants Trilogy by Amy Plum-I absolutely adore this series and it's characters. Sadly, I don't currently own any of them. I can't wait to have all the pretty books on my shelves and finally see how the series wraps up. (1-3)
  2. Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting-This is one of my favorite paranormal series. I'm definitely sad to have to say goodbye to the characters, but I'm excited to see how the series ends. And for more Jay! 
  3. The Archived by Victoria Schwab-This authors debut novel The Near Witch was one of my favorite books last year. When I read her beautiful writing style I knew I would be reading whatever she wrote next. It was pretty easy to stick to that decision when I saw what this was about. 
  4. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell-The buzz for this book has been huge lately. It looks like such a sweet and honest contemporary. If John Green blurbs about it that's reason enough to pick it up!
  5. Of Triton by Anna Banks-Not only did I stay up way too late to finish Of Poseidon-I read it in one sitting. I was that addicted. Well, I also wanted Galen and Emma to get cute already. I'm hoping this one will be just as addicting and that there's plenty of cute! 
  6. Sever by Lauren DeStefano-This is one series I'm half terrified, half excited to finish. Mainly because it's one of the ones that I have no idea what to expect. I've heard mixed things about the conclusion, but I'm excited to see what I think for myself.
  7. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen-This is what the winner of my Sarah Dessen giveaway recommended as well as the most recommended out of all the entries. I promised to order it and hopefully I can read it soon. It definitely sounds like a good place to start.
  8. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin-This book and it's sequel totally blew my mind. I loved them. Since I only have the second one I'm dying to finally get this one so I'll have all the pretties when the third one comes out this fall.
  9. Goddess by Josephine Angelini-I got an ARC of this and already read it and loved it. But if you've seen how gorgeous the first two are you'll understand why I'm dying to have a finished copy to pet.
So that was more than 10 and I don't know how many books I'll actually be able to get, but hey I can't be the first person who goes a little book shopping crazy?

What topic did you pick this week? Have you read any of these books? Do you ask for books for gifts, too? Let me know in the comments!


Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment