Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sophia Within by Jordana Lizama Review

Sophia: Within
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Self Published
Source: Author
First book in a possible series
*This was gifted to me by author for review*
Only time will tell if Sophia, Alec and the world are ready to accept the mission that has been passed down for many generations. This is more than a story of reincarnation. This is a story that never ended following the reign of the Greek gods.
What has been hidden for thousands of years is about to surface in a small New England town. The impact on this rural village is ageless, but only the chosen time travelers know what is happening, the reason it is happening and how to control the outcome.
The Men of Ages have walked the Earth unnoticed since the time of Greek mythology and have kept their ancient war alive by transporting the lead warrior in a most unusual time machine. There is only one way to stop the cataclysmic demise of the human race and Sophia is the answer. But, Sophia is a teenage girl faced with many human and nonhuman desires that create a tortuous path from antiquity to the present day. Love conquers all; or, so it seems.


Review
Greek mythology is one of my favorites. I've never really read a nymph story. I thought this had s really cool concept. The characters mainly Sophia lacked just a bit.

This tells the story of Sophia. A boy named Alec comes into her life and tells her she's in danger. He explains to her that she is a bearer of a nymph and many want to get that nymph out of her. Slowly Sophia starts to remember her past and must rely on Alec to teach her how to protect herself. All the while the world around her is falling apart and she must find a way to stop it.

Sophia lacked as a character for me. I can totally understand not having confidence but questioning constantly how anyone could ever like you is too much. She did get better throughout the story which made me very happy. Now Alec, I really enjoyed. He was so sweet! It was obvious he really cared for Sophia. I loved how he protected her. His family made for some amazing secondary characters. One thing I really liked about this story was how important family was. Sometimes that can left out but it plays a huge role in this story.

This had a lot of back story. It did help me connect with the story but it made it hard to keep up at times. I loved all the Greek aspects of the story. I loved how it was fast paced and action filled. I liked that I didn't know where the story was going. This had some really great aspects. I had trouble putting it down. It was a very enjoyable read for me. I'm excited to see where the story continues. If your a fan of Greek mythology this is for you!

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment