Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (11)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of us will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All that's asked is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

 This weeks topic is Top Ten Books I Had to Buy That Are Still Unread on My Shelf. Why do I keep getting the sad topics?


  1. We Will Always Have Summer by Jenny Han- I bought this book last year around the time it came out and I still haven't read it. I don't remember much about the first too so a reread will probably be necessary before I finally get around to it. Since it is a summer read maybe I'll find time for it in the summer.
  2. The Serpents Shadow by Rick Riordan- I know, I know. I feel like a major jerkaholic for still not reading this. I'm a huge Rick Riordan fan and I love this series. I couldn't tell you why I still haven't picked this one up. Maybe because it's the last one and I don't want to say goodbye?
  3. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles- I got the first one for Christmas last year and I haven't read it yet. It sucks because I've heard really good things about it.
  4. Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber- I love retellings and I'd been wanting to read this one for ages before I finally got it but I still haven't read it :(.
  5. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers- I got this one a couple months ago at a blogger meet up at a bookstore because they all said it was amazing. I haven't read it yet, though. Zombies aren't really my thing (actually they freak me out) but I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth series so if this one has the same feel to it, I'll be sure to love it.
That's all I could think of for now. Most of the unread books I own (and trust me there's a lot) are from conferences.

What's your top ten for the week? Are any of ours the same? Anything you want to say to convince me to bump one of these up on my stack? Let me know in the comments!


Now I'm off to buy Clockwork Princess (finally).

Marissa





2 comments:

  1. PERFECT CHEMISTRY AHHHHHHH! So so so good! You must read it ASAP--I LOVE that book. (And the rest of the series.) Thanks for the The Fault in Our Stars comment; I don't think the pain will ever go away, either. *tries not to cry* Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list :D Ahhh. This is Not a Test is PERFECT. I think you will love it :) It's really, really good. Sigh. It doesn't really focus that much on the zombies at all, and that was kind of good. It's mostly about the people, and it's so so good. Hope you'll get to read all of these, and that you will love them :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete