Saturday, February 23, 2013

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi Review

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Collins
Source: Bought
Second book in the Under The Never Sky series
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.
Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?
In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.


Review
I've waiting so long for this book. This series is very amazing and I love it so very much. The writing is beautiful. The characters are absolutely amazing. Even though it tied into the first book, this was very much it's own book. It's not comparable to the first book at all. And I really like that. It left me dying for more. As soon as I finished it I wanted to reread it 5 billion times.

This one continues Perry and Arias story. Perry is learning to cope with being Blood Lord of the Tides. And, Aria is trying to help as much as she can. Even though it isn't her world. Perry and Aria find out whether their love can survive Through the Ever Night!

My love for Aria has grown. She's such an amazing character. She never let anything affect her. She's always so strong. She knew what she had to do and was willing to do anything to make sure it happened. She cared more for others than herself. I think she fits in so well into a world she was really just thrown into. I couldn't imagine her anywhere else. I feel like we really got to know Perry in this. I loved that we got to read from his perspective. My love for him grew with every page. He is such a unique character. I loved how hard he tried to be a good leader. Even when people didn't believe in him. Both Perry and Aria have become amazing characters. Not that they weren't already! I can't wait to continue their story. Roar as also pretty amazing. I love him. I loved that he played such a big part.

I have no words for the amazingness of this storyline! It's addicting. You can't put it down. I read this in a day! The world building is so amazing. There was action and suspense. There as twists and turns. It was great! Everything was so well done. It should be impossible really but the author did it. She made an absolutely amazing sequel. Props to her for that :). Overall I think you can tell I really enjoyed this book. I did quite a nice amount of fangirling. That alone should make you want to read this one. If not maybe me saying I oh so highly recommend will!



Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. I did a lot of fangirling while reading this one too. :D Glad you loved it! It really is a great sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm not the only one fangirling :). Thanks for leaving a comment!

      Delete