Friday, February 8, 2013

Author Love #20: Colleen Houck


Author Love is a meme we came up with. There are so many authors and books out there that we love so much and want the world to know about them. If you want to play along all you have to do is pick one of your favorite authors. Write what you like about them and/or their books. You can also include an author bio and synopsis of their book if you want.

My pick for this week is: Colleen Houck
Goodreads - Website - Facebook - Twitter
Author Bio:
Colleen Houck is first and foremost a reader. She loves action, adventure, sci-fi, and romance, and her favorite books include a little bit of each. After getting an Associate’s Degree from Rick’s college and transferring to the University of Arizona, she dropped out of school to go on a church mission where she met her husband. Since then, she’s had a variety of job titles including; Group Home Advocate, Donut Sprinkle Girl, Chinese Kitchen Manager, Salad Bar Maven, and more recently American Sign Language interpreter. She also considers herself an expert in the assembly of Big Macs and Big Bacon Classics and yes, the Food Network Channel is her favorite station. Colleen has lived in Arizona, Idaho, Utah, California, and North Carolina and is now permanently settled in Salem, Oregon with her husband and her giant stuffed white tiger.
 
So everyone probably already knows how much I love the Tiger's Curse series. I've cried many tears, sighed many sighs over the cuteness, and spent many nights laying awake plotting what I hoped would happen. I'm obviously a huge fan of the mastermind behind the lovely Ren-I mean series. Her books are amazing and she obviously cares a lot about her fans. She's very active on Facebook and Twitter. I will seriously read anything that Colleen Houck writes and I hope that I can meet her one day so I can gush and she can sign my giant stuffed white tiger :).
Marissa


No comments:

Post a Comment