Monday, December 31, 2012

If I Stay by Gayle Forman Review

If I Stay (If I Stay #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Speak
Source: Borrowed
First book in the If I Stay series
A critically acclaimed novel that will change the way you look at life, love, and family. 
In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.

 
 
Review
I have never wanted to read this. Why? I really don't know. It never interested me. But, this book is hugely popular. Everyone has read it and had good things to say about it. So I gave it a shot. And I am so glad I did. Yes, it may have torn out my heart, jumped up and down on it, and then gave it back. But it's okay because I loved it with all my heart. It was beyond amazing.

I can't imagine being in Mia's place. She basically had to watch everyone's reactions to her being in a comma. Then she had to make probably the hardest choice of her life. Do I stay? Or do I leave? I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I can honestly say I cried my eyes out. I really liked the flash backs. It really helped understand Mia's life before the accident. It also helped understand her relationships and what she was staying for or leaving behind. Mia was an amazing character. I absolutely adored Adam. He was also an amazing character. Adam and Mia had the most amazing relationship. They were so cute. The amount of love they really had for each other was amazing. Adam was all Mia had left. And she had to decide if that was enough. I'm not going to tell you the outcome you'll have to read for yourself. But I will say it was beautiful.

This book had the most amazing storyline. I've never read anything like it. It had some really amazing aspects. It was impossible to out down. The story was unraveling before my eyes. You couldn't predict where it was going because you had no idea what choice Mia would make. You could definitely say the story was moving. It was hard for me not to curl into a ball and cry my eyes out. Overall this book was absolutely amazing. I'm so glad I finally read it. I can't wait to start Where She Went. I know it's from Adam's point of view. So I will be reading that as soon as possible. If you don't mind tears and moving storyline with great characters this one is perfect for you!






Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. So I just went to Half Price Books and snatched this one up there. I can't wait to read it! Like you Jasmine, the synopsis didn't really interest me, but SO many people have loved it, so I went ahead and bought it. I'm so glad you loved it! It definitely sounds like this book is super emotional, and that's something I always love. I have yet to fully, all-out bawl during a book, and I'm hoping this book will do it for me. ;)

    I can't wait to read this one Jasmine! Fantabulous review. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen from TLT actually made me want to read it! She thought we were crazy for not already having read it! I hope you get the full out bawl because those are always nice :). I can't wait to read your review! Thanks for stopping by Aneeqah <3

      Delete