Saturday, December 1, 2012

I Hunt Killer by Barry Lyga

I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Little Brown
Source: Conference
First book in the Jasper Dent series
What if the world's worst serial killer...was your dad?
Jasper "Jazz" Dent is a likable teenager. A charmer, one might say.
But he's also the son of the world's most infamous serial killer, and for Dear Old Dad, Take Your Son to Work Day was year-round. Jazz has witnessed crime scenes the way cops wish they could—from the criminal's point of view.
And now bodies are piling up in Lobo's Nod.
In an effort to clear his name, Jazz joins the police in a hunt for a new serial killer. But Jazz has a secret—could he be more like his father than anyone knows?


Review
This was very hard for me to get into. I honestly thought I wasn't going to like it just because it took me so long to get into. Once I did it was over. I was addicted and there wasn't anything I could do about it. I don't read scary things. Reading this took guts. Now that I've finished it I can happily say that I'm so glad I read this. I'm glad I took the chance.

Okay Jazz is a very complex character. At first I had a hard time understanding him. I wasn't sure how I felt about him and he kinda confused me. By the end I knew I loved him dearly and I really understood his character. I liked how complex he was. I liked how strong he was. I liked how he tried to have a normal life even though he knew it would never happen. I liked that he never gave up. I liked how he took his last name from bad to good. The list could go on forever. He is an amazing character. I loved that Connie and Howie played their own little parts in the story. I like how he didn't shut them out. He needed the backup. The Impressionist scared the curls out of my curly hair. That's all I have to say. I can't wait to see what happens to these characters next!

The first half of this book was a little slow for me. That's why I had such a hard time getting into the story. But the second half really made up for it. It was fast paced, action packed, and suspenseful. This was impossible to put down once I got into it. It's one of those books where you predict what's going to happen and hope your right. Then your not and you freak out but are happy that the story was unpredictable. I seriously thought I had the whole story figured out then I was totally wrong. It was perfection. Now this has a huge scary aspect. It went pretty far into detail with the gore. I've heard the second one is worse. At least I'm prepared. Overall I'm so happy I ended up enjoying this. I honestly thought I was gonna have to write a negative review and I never write those. I was very surprised by how amazing this really was. I can't wait to continue the series. If you like the creepy, bloody books this one is for you. If you don't I would say take a chance like I did and you might be surprised :).



Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment